It’s breast cancer awareness month and you want to do your part to help. You already know that about 1 in 8 women around the world will be directly affected by breast cancer. That’s a staggering number and it needs to change.
While there are so many ways to help and get involved, dancing is one of our favorite ways to do so. Aside from releasing endorphins into our body that make us feel good, dancing is a great way to create awareness and help us raise funds for a cause that is so important to us all.
If you already love going to Zumba® classes, why not encourage your Zumba Instructor to host a Party in Pink™ Zumbathon®? Party in Pink is a global movement dedicated to raising funds for the fight against breast cancers. Through Zumbathon events (think extra fun, extra large Zumba classes), we can raise those funds that are so crucial to finding a cure.
When you host or attend a Zumbathon in the month of October, you’re contributing money to The Zumba® Global Research Grant For Breast Cancer Prevention, a research grant that studies how flaxseed may help prevent breast cancer from occurring in women. More than $2 million dollars have already been raised, and we aren’t done yet.
So here’s what you need to tell your Zumba Instructor to do if they want to host their very own Zumbathon:
- Log onto your ZIN Account and head to the Zumba Events Platform
- Define your event’s time, date, and location, and designate the proceeds to your chosen cause
- Apply to host your event
- Once you get approval, your event will be listed on zumba.com and can be found by anybody
- The Zumba Events Platform will help you manage everything from registrations to payments
- Promote your event, be a great host, and let us know how it goes!
- Visit the events FAQs if you have more questions
It’s that easy to host an official Zumbathon and it’s so worth it when you think of all the lives you are touching (and saving!).